POLICY PAPER ON WOMEN, REFORM AND RECOVERY FUND
WOMEN FOR SALVATION - HALF OF IT PRESENTS MANIFESTO HIGHLIGHTS
The Council of Ministers and the executive itself are currently discussing measures to be included in the government's PNRR, investments that make the most of the Recovery fund European.
A document entitled "Women for Salvation - Half of it". which will be made public in the next few hours and officially handed over to the Government, the result of a debate between institutional personalities, associations, experts from the economic and statistical world, managers and professionals.
The aim is to obtain adequate resources to free up female employment, both through European resources and through a reorganisation of national spending, creating new social infrastructures and a real economy of care, indicating long-term measures and immediate reforms that respond to the emergency demand for services by Italian families.
Concrete ideas also on employment, training, gender stereotypes, equality bodies.
The Women for Salvation Manifesto, which is inspired by the Half of it campaign at European level, enters into the dialectic with national and European institutions. That is why we ask:
- one gender assessment ex-ante and ex-post of all measures and investments to be included in the Italian PNRR, with a directorate of experts at the MEF;
- that the Government, on the basis of the European guidelines for the implementation of the Plan, present to Parliament a governance model that identifies the responsibility for the implementation of the Plan, ensuring the 50% of the presence of women, ensuring coordination with the relevant ministries at national level and other levels of government, monitoring progress of expenditure;
- 60% coverage of children 0-3 years old in public nurseriesa fundamental educational choice for pre-schools and investment in education, with a budget of €8 billion and implementation within 5 years
- creation territorial health and proximity assistance for elderly, disabled and dependent persons, with an additional amount of at least 4 billion euros, which is not diverted from the already planned health care; the creation of the care infrastructure is to be carried out within 5 years;
- a strong investment in the territories on advice centres and anti-violence centres;
- one cashback on care services immediate and transitional for Italian families. This cashback will be financed through the allocation of 1.2 billion per year for five years, a figure that will gradually decrease thanks to the emergence of undeclared work related to care and assistance and will be exhausted when the creation of public care and proximity services is completed. The cashback on care services should be based on the French experience of universal CESU vouchers;
- an extraordinary recruitment campaign in the public services, great employment opportunities for women and young people, opportunity to renew skills, in education, care, health, research, culture; recruitment calls ensure that staff receive specific training in digitisation and technology, to overcome any initial gaps;
- a significant strengthening of the female presence where it is most lacking, and a strong support for entrepreneurshipWomen's enterprises, with coaching and training of the owners of new women's enterprises in the first three years of activity;
- an assessment for a substantial reduction of social security contributions for self-employed women (total and partial self-employed), which is compatible with public spending needs and deficits; recognition of the right to maternity and sickness for all self-employed professional categories, whether or not they are ordained;
- the activation of policies for sharing care work and parenthoodthrough comprehensive interventions, extending paternity leave and charging INPS with the advance payment of the compulsory maternity allowance, thus solving the liquidity problem of Italian small and medium-sized enterprises, while also charging 100% of the compulsory maternity allowance to general taxation;
- that schools, in all educational sectors, are organised according to the model of the full-time throughout the country; that the number of hours of civic education in schools be increased, with a special focus on the values of equality and inclusiveness enshrined in the Italian Constitution, which help to break down bullying, violence, and discrimination based on gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We call for training sessions on financial education for male and female students during the same hours;
- that the state to significantly reduce university fees for female students choosing scientific and technical subjectsWe also call for the introduction of gender quotas (50%) in university entrance tests for STEM subjects;
- active labour market policies take into account the new digital tools and favour more and more guidance and training for women also at a distanceIt offers new opportunities for employment and the acquisition of technical-scientific skills or the professionalisation of care work, skills that will be increasingly needed in the future;
- l'updating of the Equal Opportunities Code with the definition of clear parameters of respect for equal pay and equal opportunities in the workplace, with a reward mechanism for employers who respect these principles through substantial contribution and/or tax relief;
- one updating of equality bodies We also call for a feasibility study on the simplification of existing bodies, evaluating the possible creation of an independent equality body with sanctioning powers, external or internal to the Antitrust Authority;
- introduction of gender procurement for all contracts relating to the Recovery Fund, with scores that reward companies that put gender equality into practice; use of the Assigned Assets funds (€44 billion) managed by CDP with criteria that require companies receiving investments to make a commitment to gender equality in the company, with specific milestones for improving gender balance in managerial and executive positions; and elimination of the gender pay gap;
They have already joined the Women for Salvation - Half of it manifesto:
Le Contemporanee - Network for Equality - D.i.Re (Women in networks against violence) - Il Giusto Mezzo - Soroptimist International Italia - Fondazione Bellisario - Dateci voce - Fuori quota - GammaDonna - Community Donne 4.0 - EWA - Differenza Donna - Se Non Ora Quando Libere - Odiare ti costa - Tlon - Base Italia - M&M "Idee per un Paese migliore" - Fondazione CeRM - Movimenta - CGIL politiche di genere - UIL coordinamento pari opportunita
for membership: email@example.com